By our third day attending Riot Fest this past year, I felt like I had it mastered. I felt completely comfortable going into the last day.
If you are here for the Riot Fest Tips, scroll towards the bottom!
I didn’t really feel like spending a lot of money on food this day, so I found this amazing pina colada.
It wasn’t exactly cheap, but it wasn’t horribly unhealthy and it tasted amazing.
On Riot Fest Day 3, I saw: The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, a little of The Menzingers, Dinosaur Jr., Prophets of Rage, and Jawbreaker.
One of the main reasons we even went to Riot Fest was because Jawbreaker was getting back together. They did not disappoint. It was an amazing feeling to be there for the biggest show of their lives so far.
After our third and final day, our time in Chicago and at Riot Fest was over. It was a long, hot, and exciting few days that we got to spend in Chicago, seeing some of our favorite bands.
I would go back in a heartbeat.
Riot Fest Tips
- Getting to the park will be easy via Lyft, Uber, etc. Be prepared to either wait a while for a ride out of the park at the end of the day, or walk a good distance away from the park in order to get away from traffic, making it easier for drivers to get to you.
- You are allowed to bring an empty plastic water bottle, no metal. There is a station not too far from the entrance of the park (unless they change it) where you can wait in a short line and get free, cold water!
- You may not have a phone signal, so make a plan if you’re attending with friends.
- Carefully consider which shoes to wear. You will be standing a lot, and it may be raining. Something waterproof and/or very comfortable is recommended.
- Bring sunscreen and a poncho. It may be sunny, it may be pouring. You’ll be much better off being prepared for either situation!
- Unless you want to leave your phone at the charging station to be charged, a small portable charger, or juice pack, is a good idea.
- If you really don’t want to sit on the ground, you may want to consider bringing a small blanket.
- If there is a band you absolutely have to be up front for, be very early. You might even have to wait in your spot through another bands set, depending on how popular they are.
- Bring hand sanitizer and your own toiler paper. This wasn’t an issue for me on the first day, but at the end of the second day and all day for the third day, you’ll be VERY thankful. Avoid the Riot Fest Flu!
- There are many, many food trucks. So no matter if you are vegan, vegetarian, or anything else, there is more than likely several options for you.
- Plan out your day ahead of time. Take advantage of the schedule and maps that Riot Fest provides so that you don’t miss anything!
- Rent a locker if you need it. If there are things you want with you but don’t want to carry around all day, this is perfect for you. Plus, unlimited phone charging if you don’t mind being without your phone for a bit.
Have you been to Riot Fest or another festival? Have any tips to add?